Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need help identifying roman coin  (Read 315 times)

Farid H

Need help identifying roman coin
« on: December 04, 2022, 04:39:21 pm »
Hi friends i need help identifying this roman coin any help would be appreciated

Offline Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
Re: Need help identifying roman coin
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 05:11:53 pm »
Your coin is Constans with an obverse legend of FL IVL CONSTANS AVG. The reverse is VIRTVS AVGG NN, Virtvs standing holding spear and resting hand on shield. It is from the mint of Trier and was struck circa A.D. 340.
Victor Clark

LRB gallery

Farid H

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 02:01:34 pm »
 +++  :) Thank you "Victor C the friend of the dead romans" for identifying the coin accurately if i buy all the coins i will gift you one to remember one of your friend  ;)

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 02:56:59 pm »
The coin has been rather brutally over-cleaned.  You should avoid such.

Offline Tacitus

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 09:19:50 pm »
I agree... If this is not already in your collection, pass on it (unless it is REALLY cheap).  It has been over cleaned. 
Never remove the patina.  The patina is important to your coins.  The only coin that has no patina at all is gold....

All coins are guaranteed for eternity