Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unidentified Bronze (?) Roman (?) coin  (Read 427 times)

Offline Mark D3

• Legionary
Unidentified Bronze (?) Roman (?) coin
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:45:45 pm »
Hello All,
Hopefully somebody out there can help me identify some of my coins... This coin is slightly bigger than a dime, and is fairly thin... I'm sorry I don't have any further details, but hopefully somebody can recognize it! My guess is Constantine, but I'm really not sure. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Offline Frans Diederik

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem, vita brevis est!
Re: Unidentified Bronze (?) Roman (?) coin
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:29:05 am »
probably: FL IVL CONSTANTIVS NOB C laureate draped and cuirassed bust right.
GLOR-IA EXERC-ITVS 2 soldiers standing holding two standards. CONSA in exergue.
RIC 61 very rare (R4)

Frans

tkonnova

Re: Unidentified Bronze (?) Roman (?) coin
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:22:55 pm »
for any soldiers with standards reverses... use the helvetica spreadsheets linked to from the help with identification section of this site... they are INVALUABLE and using the sort function give the average collector the ability to identify a coin to a RIC # out of thousands of similar examples...

All coins are guaranteed for eternity