Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need your expertise please  (Read 740 times)

Poly W

Need your expertise please
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:46:49 pm »
Hi there,
Please let me know if the attached pictures/coins crying out fake

Thanks in advance

Offline Ryan C

• Caesar
  • FESTINA LENTE
Re: Need your expertise please
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 01:24:57 am »
I would check out the extensive listings that Forvm has on fake coins in the Greek section, and if you have attribution information, this will be fairly easy. Greeks are not my expertise, so I will leave it to others to tell you their opinions.
Ryan Collins, happy member of the Forvm.

Lloyd Taylor

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:59:35 am »
Nothing to suggest to me that there is any problem with these coins and neither is matched to any known fakes. The Histiaia was struck with a worn and rusty obverse die and is distinctively different (authentic) compared to the abundant fakes of this type.

Based on the photos I'd say they are authentic.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:26:29 am »
They look OK.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS