Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Is mainland Caria also treated in the HGC volumes? If yes, which vol?  (Read 435 times)

Offline Chris O

• Auxiliary
Dear all,
I am collecting among other Regions Caria.
Does any one know if the new HGC series has a volume covering the region? I find only descriptions relating to the islands off Caria etc.

Many thanks!
Chris

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Is mainland Caria also treated in the HGC volumes? If yes, which vol?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 02:48:22 am »
... I am collecting among other Regions Caria.
Does any one know if the new HGC series has a volume covering the region? ...
Not yet, as it seems, but from the 13 planned volumes three are still missing.

Regards

Altamura

Offline DzikiZdeb

• Caesar
Re: Is mainland Caria also treated in the HGC volumes? If yes, which vol?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 06:39:05 am »
from the 13 planned volumes three are still missing.

Does anyone know if the missing volumes will be released at all, and if so, roughly when? Maybe someone has contact with the author or some other unusual source of information? I asked CNG, but they didn't answer me anything specific, except that they can't give a date when the next volumes will be released. After all, it's been five years since the last volume was released, if I'm not mistaken.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity