Resources > The Members' Gallery

Anaximander's Gallery

<< < (25/27) > >>

Anaximander:
While I have been poring over my ancients to add diameter and die axis, I took a moment to add a new nomos to my Greek Italy gallery.

Calabria. c. 272-240 BC. AR Nomos (6.58 gm, 19mm, 3h) of Tarentum. Euph.., Ariston, and Zop…, magistrates. Nude warrior wearing crested helmet riding left, holding reins & ornamented shield; EYΦ to left, API-ΣTΩN below. / Phalanthos astride dolphin left, holding hippocamp and trident; ΤΑΡΑΣ below, 𐊈ΩΠ to right. 

Anaximander:
I continue to add Roman coins to my member gallery (see the link on my signature block), but I have not announced them on the discussion board in 2023. Here we are, near the end of the year, so I thought I would present the year's additions as a Virtual Tray. Several of these are upgrades, picked up while at last week's Richmond Coin & Currency Show, sponsored by the |Richmond Coin Club.  It's not Coinex, but you will find dealers in ancient coins.

One of the fun things about coin shows is that you can explore new cities. I took in Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, near Charlottesville and stayed at the historic Jefferson Hotel in Richmond.  Makes me wish I had gone to the Worlds Fair of Money show in Pittsburgh last summer.

Tracy Aiello:
Anaximander,

Wonderful additions. Nice to see you posting about your gallery.

All the best,

Tracy

Anaximander:
Thanks, Tracy! I'm really very fond of the Greek coins of Corinth, Akarnania, and the myriad Italian colonies. I do move into related fields. Here's a few I picked up in 2023...

Anaximander:
Not an especially active year for collecting Seleukid or Thracian coinage, but several tetradrachms - my favorite denomination - did make their way into my collection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version