Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Meepzorp's coin website  (Read 266444 times)

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Re: Meepzorp's coin website
« Reply #950 on: November 03, 2017, 09:46:22 pm »
Hi EB,

Thanks. :)

I actually bid on numerous coins in that auction, including 2 Greek Italy, Campania AR coins (Cales with a Phyrgian helmet symbol, and Suessa Aurunca with a lyre symbol) and a Roman Imperial Augustus/Pax denarius. But I was over-bid on everything except for this Cilicia coin.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #951 on: November 03, 2017, 10:03:16 pm »
Hi folks,

As some Forum members know, I purchased a brand new HP laptop computer in November 2015. I extended the warranty for an additional year, for a total of 2 years. In the past, the keyboard broke 2 times, and I had to have it replaced. It recently broke again for the third time. Yes, my computer is less than 2 years old, and the keyboard broke 3 times already. It is going on its fourth keyboard. I had to ship it to the manufacturer to be repaired. Consequently, I am going to be without my computer for up to 2-3 weeks.

In the past, when my keyboard broke, HP sent a technician to my home to repair it. But, this time, they insisted that I ship it to them.

Needless to say, I am very disappointed with HP products and their insistence that I ship my computer to them instead of repairing in my home, which has severely inconvenienced me.

Since all of my website files are stored on my computer's hard drive, it is going to be a few weeks before I can do anything regarding my website.

I am typing this message right now on my niece's computer, which will be alternating between my home and my sister's house until my computer is shipped back to me. I have no other internet access. I can't go 2-3 weeks without reading my emails.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #952 on: November 18, 2017, 05:44:50 am »
Hi folks,

I finally got my computer back from HP. It is repaired. I have many things to get caught up on before I can resume swapping out my sub-par website photos.

Today, I corrected my Roman Provincial, Cilicia, Augusta coin tag (the one I received recently) and re-uploaded it. I swapped out the first tag photo.

I also re-arranged my Greek Italy, Campania, Neapolis, Silver, Part 3 and Part 4 website pages. I moved the first coin that was in my Part 4 page to the bottom of my Part 3 page. I also re-numbered all of my Part 4 photos on my flash drive and in my HTML code, and then re-uploaded them after deleting all of my pre-re-numbered Part 4 photos from Joe's server. It sounds much easier than it is to do ("Easier said than done."). It is actually quite complicated and time-consuming to do this. It took me almost 2 hours. I did this in anticipation of receiving coins I recently won in an auction. I hope to be posting them soon.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #953 on: November 19, 2017, 07:24:19 am »
Hi folks,

Today, I re-arranged my Greek Italy, Campania, Neapolis, Silver, Part 1 and Part 2 pages. I moved the last coin in my Part 1 page to the top of my Part 2 page. I also re-numbered all of my photos in my Part 1 and Part 2 pages, and I re-uploaded them. As I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, I did this in anticipation of receiving coins that I won in a recent auction. I won 2 Campania, Neapolis AR didrachms in that auction. I will post them soon.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #954 on: November 20, 2017, 05:59:39 am »
Hi folks,

Today, I re-arranged my Greek Italy, Campania, Neapolis, Silver, Part 4 and Part 5 pages. I moved the last coin in my Part 4 page to the top of my Part 5 page. As I mentioned above, I did this in anticipation of receiving 2 Neapolis didrachms that I won in a recent auction. I guess you can say that I "cleaned up" my Neapolis Silver pages, and I evened out the number of coins per page so that they are now more evenly distributed.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #955 on: November 22, 2017, 03:30:17 pm »
Hi folks,

Today, I added one coin to each of my following website pages:

Greek Sicily, Adranon (third coin)

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/gs_sicl_abacaenum_adranon.htm

Roman Provincial, Ionia, Smyrna (fourth coin)

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/rp_ionia_smyrna.htm

These are new arrivals. I just received them recently.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #956 on: November 24, 2017, 03:40:03 pm »
Hi folks,

As some Forum members know, in the ID section, Canaan recently posted a Roman Provincial, Syria, Gabala, Augustus AE coin with a countermark. He wanted further ID for it. I posted in that thread because I have a similar coin. In the process, I learned some things about my coin - thanks to Canaan, Pekka, and other Forum members.

My example, which I purchased a few years ago, had been minimally attributed and described by the dealer. The countermark wasn't identified at all. I don't know why. He usually fully attributes and describes his coins.

Armed with the knowledge I learned in that thread in the ID section, I decided to re-write my hand-written tags for that coin. Today, I shot photos of my new tags, and I uploaded them. I also edited my text in that website page.

Here is a link (third coin):

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/rp_syria_emisa_helio.htm

Meepzorp

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #957 on: November 25, 2017, 12:44:39 am »
Hi Meep,

I saw that topic.

This is one of the things I love about this hobby. Each time a coin is passed on, the new owner potentially discovers something new about the coin. Having access to different resources, that new owner might improve the attribution, or might discover something about the coin's provenance, or correct the dating based on new findings.

That is precisely what you have done, to the benefit of future owners of that coin!

Peter

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #958 on: November 25, 2017, 03:04:28 pm »
Hi pp19,

Thanks for the kind words.

Of course, it was a group effort. I wouldn't have learned any of those things without the knowledge of other Forum members. If Canaan hadn't posted his example, that process never would have begun. And I still wouldn't know what the countermark is on that coin. I previously had it listed as "uncertain countermark". I now know that it is a bee.

It also validates all the time and effort I invested in my website.

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #959 on: December 06, 2017, 07:53:27 am »
Hi folks,

As most Forum members know, for the past several months, I've been swapping out my sub-par photos in my website. Some of you may have noticed that I haven't done much updating to my website lately.

For the past few weeks, I've been very busy. Unfortunately, this "busy period" in my life will probably last until at least the end of January. All total, it will last for about 10-12 weeks or so (mid-November to the end of January). The result of all of this is that I probably won't be able to make any significant progress regarding my website until early February of next year or so.

It isn't any one thing that happened. There is just a series of events that I have going on in my life right now. I got hit with everything at once. And these things are consuming just about all of my free time.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, I don't see this situation resolving itself until at least the end of January of next year.

One of the things that went wrong is that my mother recently had a medical issue. This isn't the only reason why I can't work on my website, but it is one of the main contributors. My mother, who is 75 years old, needed routine hip replacement surgery. She was in the hospital and nursing home for about a month. She came home for a few days, but she was leaking a lot of fluid from the surgery site. Her surgeon put her back in the hospital because he suspected an infection. It turned out that he was right. She has MRSA. Her surgeon had to re-do the surgery. She was in the hospital in "operational isolation" for another 3-4 weeks. She has been on IV antibiotics for about one month now. She finally came home a few days ago. Fortunately, she was relatively healthy prior to the surgery and infection. If she hadn't been, there is a good chance that she would have died.

As many Forum members know, I am disabled. And my mother does many things for me. Since she has been unable to do these things for me lately, I have been forced to pick up the slack. But there are some things I can't do. My sister and niece are also helping when they can.

On top of all of that, a bunch of other things all went wrong lately. It is a sort of "perfect storm".

Meepzorp

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #960 on: December 06, 2017, 06:57:18 pm »
Hi Meep,

I am sorry to hear that. That sounds tough. I hope your mother has a speedy recovery.

Your optimism, enthusiasm and very evidently, your intelligence, means you are equipped to deal with any challenge that comes your way. It sounds like you are doing a great job in dealing with things given the circumstances as well as overcoming challenges in the past, some of which you have shared with us.

Your website is quite comprehensive. You have spent a lot of time on it and you have built something great. You deserve a short break - and it is only a break. It is almost holiday season anyway. :)

Wishing you all the best,

Peter

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
« Reply #961 on: December 06, 2017, 08:21:03 pm »
I add my wishes for a speedy recovery for your mother. She must be TOUGH to have conquered those medical issues at 75!
As you have correctly observed, coins should be your LAST priority. A hobby for leisure time.
May The Good Lord watch over both of you.
PeteB

Online quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #962 on: December 07, 2017, 01:32:25 am »
Dear Meep
I wish you a healing sooner than your mother.
We'll be back sooner.

Best regards

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #963 on: December 07, 2017, 09:49:20 am »
Hi folks,

Thank you for the messages. :)

Meepzorp

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #964 on: December 09, 2017, 08:37:41 pm »
Please tell your mother that your friends on Forum are thinking of her and hoping she is better soon.

I hope the storm has passed and everything improves.

Take care, Joe
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #965 on: December 10, 2017, 08:34:49 am »
Hi Joe,

Thank you for the message. :)

Meepzorp

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #966 on: December 17, 2017, 05:51:43 pm »
Take care of her; it was a hip operation that finally killed my mother. Mind you, she was 95.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #967 on: December 17, 2017, 11:01:02 pm »
Hi RB,

Thank you for the message. :)

I've been hearing a lot of that lately. The same thing happened to my cousin several years ago. His mother had routine hip replacement surgery. She was about 77 years old. She got infected with MRSA and died.

Fortunately, my mother seems to be making progress (for a change). For a while there, everything kept going wrong, and her recovery was going backwards. I have a female cousin who is a nurse. For several weeks, whenever she referred to my mother, she kept reciting Murphy's Law: "If anything can go wrong, it will."

In the past 1-2 weeks, my mother finally appears to have "turned the corner." She seems to be "out of the woods."

Meepzorp

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #968 on: December 18, 2017, 05:53:57 pm »
Sounds good. Let's hope she's OK! Mention of old people and hip operations still brings it back.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #969 on: December 18, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »
That is great news Meepzorp.

I hope you share a wonderful Christmas / holiday together.

Peter

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #970 on: December 18, 2017, 08:08:46 pm »
Hi folks,

Thanks for the messages. :)

Meepzorp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #971 on: February 19, 2018, 10:52:32 am »
Hi folks,

I figured that I'd provide everyone with a status report.

My mother is making slow but steady progress. It appears that, when all of this is done, she should be about 80-90% of her former self. She will probably have some lingering minor issues. For example, she will probably have some permanent kidney damage from all of the IV antibiotics that were administered to her. It could nave been much worse.

Unfortunately, I continue to be very busy. Between helping my mother, temporarily taking over some of her duties, and helping my other family members (another very long story), I've been very busy lately. And now, it appears as if this "busy period" in my life will last much longer than I anticipated earlier. It now looks like I am going to be very busy until at least late Spring or early Summer. It is very unlikely that I will be able to make any significant progress regarding my website until that time.

I've been so busy lately that I didn't have time to process my newly purchased coins (my "new arrivals"). I haven't done that since November of last year. For the past few months, whenever I received a coin package, I've been just throwing it in a pile in my den. Since then, I've received a few packages (approximately 20 coins or so). I've been so busy lately that I didn't even have time to write up my tags.

It appears that, for the next few days, I am going to have a brief respite from my "busy period". I am going to try to process these newly arrived coins, write up my tags, and post them in my website.

Meepzorp

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
« Reply #972 on: February 19, 2018, 12:24:36 pm »
Meep,

I've not been on the discussion board much lately, and only just noticed this string.  I'm so sorry to hear about your and your mom's recent troubles.  Happy to hear she turned the corner. 

Best,
Carausius

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #973 on: February 19, 2018, 06:02:06 pm »
Wishing you and your mom (and family) the best. I had somehow missed your earlier posts on point. Stkp

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
« Reply #974 on: February 19, 2018, 09:52:38 pm »
Hi folks,

Today, I added one coin to each of my following website pages:

Greek Italy, Campania, Neapolis, Silver, Part 1 (first coin)

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/gi_camp_neap_ar01.htm

Greek Italy, Campania, Neapolis, Silver, Part 4 (fourth coin)

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/gi_camp_neap_ar04.htm

I also added 2 coins to this page:

Greek Italy, Lucania, Heraklea (first coin and last coin)

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/meepzorp/gi_luc_herk.htm

These are new arrivals. I received them within the past few months.

Meepzorp

All coins are guaranteed for eternity