Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: New Mint for Constantius Gallus Phoenix on Globe  (Read 602 times)

Offline agord

• Consul
New Mint for Constantius Gallus Phoenix on Globe
« on: October 02, 2022, 10:12:01 pm »
All though I did not win this auction I would like to point this coin out. Savoca Blue 144 #1154 is a Gallus/Phoenix on Globe coin with a Heraclea mint mark. As far as I know the phoenix type with Gallus is only known of from the mints of Sirmium, Constantinople and Antioch. Photo is from the action listing.

Offline wolfgang336

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Aut Caesar Aut Nullus
Re: New Mint for Constantius Gallus Phoenix on Globe
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 10:24:29 pm »
Very interesting! Any guesses as to why such a small number was [presumably] minted?

Offline agord

• Consul
Re: New Mint for Constantius Gallus Phoenix on Globe
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 12:40:23 pm »

All coins are guaranteed for eternity