Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: ID help 2  (Read 591 times)

Offline Teutoburgium

• Consul
ID help 2
« on: August 04, 2021, 01:06:07 am »
Hi everyone,

Here is another copper coin which I could not identify. Any help and information is highly appreciated.

Teutoburgium

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: ID help 2
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 07:12:54 am »
Reminds me this of this Augustus (I think I can see the A on the reverse upside down):

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=4716032

But without size and weight it could be completely wrong.

Offline Teutoburgium

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 11:48:20 am »
Dear Ralph,

Thank you for your help. It is Augustus, provincial with CA within wreath (not certain mint, several mints are proposed for this series - Mysia, Syria or Cyprus, Ephesus, Pergamum, Antioch or Paphos).

Regards,

Teutoburgium

Offline Tacitus

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 09:14:56 pm »
the obverse does not remind me of Augustus, and I cannot find a reverse that is similar. 
The figure on the obverse to me is looking right.....

All coins are guaranteed for eternity