Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: New early Pius variant  (Read 343 times)

Offline Frans Diederik

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem, vita brevis est!
New early Pius variant
« on: January 10, 2023, 09:41:52 am »
I am always on the lookout for variants of types of Antoninus Pius and recently I discovered this one: IMP T AEL CAES HADRI - ANTONINVS AVG PIVS his laureate bust right with obvious drapery on his far shoulder. The reverse depicts Pax standang left with branch and cornucopiae, flanked by S - C .The text around: P M TR POT - COS DES II . It is a variant of RIC 526b and BM 1111 / 1112. The series is a very small one and consists only of an Annona and Pax sestertius and some bust variants of Pax asses, of which this may be new.
Hope you can share my ethousiasm for this variant.

Frans

All coins are guaranteed for eternity