Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need help with identification of Roman Republican quadrans  (Read 272 times)

Offline Leon S

• Praetorian
Hello.
Please help to identify the Roman Republican quadrans (16.7-17.3 mm; 3.7 gr.).
According to the design of Hercules on obverse and the prow on reverse, and its weight this coin probably belongs to the period after 120 BC? (Crawford catalog after # 280). I can’t find the legend ending on “---MON”, “---MPON” (MP ligate) or similar from sources that I have. Possible it could be unknown coin related to moneyer L. Pomponius Cn.f of 118 BC (Crawford 282/4), Q. Pomponius Cn.f. Rufus of 73 BC (Crawford 398) or Q. Pomponius Musa of 66 BC (Crawford 410).
Please let me know your opinion about this coin.
Thank you.

Offline Teutoburgium

• Consul
Re: Need help with identification of Roman Republican quadrans
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 01:00:03 am »

It looks like legend ending on “---MON”

Offline Leon S

• Praetorian
Re: Need help with identification of Roman Republican quadrans
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 06:08:22 pm »
Hello.
You probably correct. What is your opinion about this coin?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity