Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Can someone help me ?  (Read 689 times)

Offline Reinhard H

• Auxiliary
Can someone help me ?
« on: April 16, 2022, 11:17:44 am »
I'm a new collector. I want to buy this lots from this new company. But I've seen similar lots in eBay. One of my collector friend told me these are bulgarian fake coins. I need help should I buy ?
Links:
[REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Online Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Can someone help me ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 12:10:11 pm »
You are not going to get anyone here to tell you you should buy them. We do not allow screening potential purchase here.

The best advice to new collectors is either know the coin is genuine, or know the seller is reputable and has the expertise to authenticate it for you. Either one or the other or just do not buy. You should never buy based on opinions from the internet from people you do not know.

Having seen similar coins on eBay is NOT a good indicator of authenticity.

I don't see anything to suggest these are modern forgeries, but I would not buy them from a seller I do not know and trust, and I am an expert. The top and bottom coins appear to be plated fourrees.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity