Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Zenobia  (Read 555 times)

Offline Dustin H

• Legionary
Zenobia
« on: February 20, 2022, 06:28:59 pm »
So I've been collecting/cleaning coins for about a year now. This is the first time I've ever posted on a forum. Anyways I recently bought a clump of 60 coins and I came across what I think is a Zenobia. I'm hoping somebody that knows a lot more than me can verify for me. It still needs a good amount of cleaning but if it is what I think it is I would rather someone else clean it!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Zenobia
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 09:42:30 pm »
I think that this is a coin of Salonina, wife of Gallienus.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Dustin H

• Legionary
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 09:54:10 pm »
Yep I think you’re right. I didn’t realize there was another coin so close in appearance. I’m going to have to clean it up better to make sure. Man what a bummer! I was like jumping up and down… Not literally I’m a quadriplegic but you know what I mean :-)

Offline SC

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 05:11:39 pm »
Yup.  It has happened to many of us.  Thought we had something super rare.  But still very interesting to know what it is.

Welcome to the forum.

Are you really quadriplegic?  What brought you to the hobby?  From other coins to Roman coins or from Roman history to Roman coins?

Shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Dustin H

• Legionary
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 06:51:50 pm »
Yes sir I broke my neck a little over five years ago on a motorcycle. I’m a c5 quadriplegic so I’m able to move my arms because my shoulders and bicep works but My triceps and hands don’t work at all. I’ve had to invent little tools to help me clean coins.  I’m a home builder by trade so luckily I had all my companies up and running prior to my accident or I would be screwed. I started a company making adaptive shooting equipment but I end up just donating everything.  Www.cripple-gear.com

Answer your question I went from history to coins. I was on eBay about a year ago and I saw this clump of 420 coins and I thought man that would be neat to go through these. Ended up getting them for like 250 bucks or something like that and I’ve been hooked ever since!

Offline SC

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 10:01:42 pm »
Glad you like the hobby and I hope you like the forum.

I started with uncleaned coins and still have some I haven't touched yet.  I enjoy cleaning them but especially the identification of them.

I think it is very cool that you invented a bunch of tools for it.  Plastic or metal?

Interesting website.  I liked the videos - especially the one with the sound ;)

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity