Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Id for Gallienus,  (Read 365 times)

Offline Arslan

• Consul
Id for Gallienus,
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:56:15 am »
Any Reference for Gallienus , Thanks

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
Re: Id for Gallienus,
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 01:21:19 pm »
Go here....

http://www.catbikes.ch/coinstuff/coins-ric.htm

Download the gallienus Xcel file and you can do it yourself.... Much more rewarding...
   And your coin is so clear, it took me 5min while sitting on the loo to ID it, just filter out the unrelevent options and after 4 or 5 filters you will have the coin ID'd...
   You can then go to wildwinds.com and find your coin there, just to double check...
  Nice coin!  +++

Regards,

Lee S.

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 02:20:50 pm »

I would call your coin Göbl 1666g var. (shield on ground).

Pekka K

Offline Arslan

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 03:16:20 pm »
Dear Lee , I also checked the wild winds but  there is no same reverse , Virtus standing right with spear and shield on the ground , thats why I have sent the picture here , thanks Pekka I will write the description as you have said ,

Regards

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 11:29:48 pm »
Wildwinds is a great site, but it's the Excel files that are pure gold... Indispensable for ID'ing Romans... Give them a whirl... It's easier than you can imagine! +++

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 09:09:39 am »
This site is also very helpful for Gallienus: http://www258.pair.com/denarius/  Stkp

All coins are guaranteed for eternity