Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Antiochos I AR Tetradrachm  (Read 348 times)

Offline Oceanbreeze

• Consul
Antiochos I AR Tetradrachm
« on: May 04, 2018, 06:31:59 pm »
 Antiochos I AR Tetradrachm 
 30mm 16.2g

It came in a lot with cast fakes. This coin is not in fake coins data base. Please, post your thoughts. If the coin is fake I will add it on to fake data base with other fake coins I ended up with buying this lot rather at the low price..... I know, it was tempting.... 
I will make a new post for every coin, nine in total.
Thanks for your help.

Offline arash p

• Consul
Re: Antiochos I AR Tetradrachm
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 08:26:32 pm »
it's also fake with artificial patina also you can see details are so weak which is one of cast characteristics.

Offline arash p

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 08:30:52 pm »
here is mine which is authentic so you can compare

Offline arash p

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 08:33:28 pm »
here is my other antiochus I ecbatana mint which is more eare

Offline Oceanbreeze

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 09:49:53 pm »

Thank you. Good to know. I will post the rest of the coins tomorrow. So we have them all in fake coins reports.
  I am going to send them all back to the seller and will ask for refund.
  I paid close to 1000$ for them.  70 bidders.
  This is what the seller had in description:

"I buy and sell with reputable dealers. You will find some of the coins I sell are from, Forum, Noble, NSM, and more. I do not deal or buy from suspect sellers, and they are rampant. I have studied ancient coin collecting and modern coin collecting for years, and I stand by my coins. In this listing you will also receive an ancient coin collectors guide from Wayne G. Sayles. This book guides you in various aspects of coin collecting; including how to spot fakes and replicas. These coins have been taken out of their cases and put into flips for easy passage. They will come in a coin book I am providing for free. You will find a brief description below of the coins in this listing. Please see pics for grading, grading is subjective and my opinion differs from yours. There will be a brief description and the coins weight written on the flip. I would recommend a case or fitted holders after you receive the coins."

All coins are guaranteed for eternity