Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Class A Follis Ornaments on NumisWiki  (Read 46970 times)

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Class A Follis Ornaments on NumisWiki
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2019, 04:44:09 pm »
How "recently" was it sold?  A search by that item number comes up empty.  Do you perhaps have a picture of the item?

Craig

Offline Quant.Geek

• Consul
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2019, 07:48:59 pm »
Apparently, he is talking about the following coin that was sold by Lanz on Ebay [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN].  I'll add the picture of the coin here so that it doesn't disappear...

Jonathan P3

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2021, 03:28:51 pm »
Hello

Recently picked up this follis, and can't seem to find a match. Interestingly, the obverse seems to have "NI" "KA" flanking the portrait, whereas usually it is "IC" and "XC". I can't quite make it out, but it looks as though there may be some letters flanking the head -- perhaps these are "IC" and "XC", thus completing the traditional inscription on the reverse of these coins, "IC XC NI KA"? Could just be artifacts from doublestrike/overstrike, too? But I can't imagine how the NI KA could be accidental.

Jonathan P3

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2021, 04:57:10 pm »
whoops, look like this is actually a coin of Romanus IV Diogenes, not an anonymous follis! the obverse fooled me.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity