Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Roman / Byzantine / Medieval Rings - Help in identification  (Read 1242 times)

Offline PBA

• Praetorian
  • PB-Eins
Hello,

here are a few of my ancient rings. I acquired them as medieval/byzantine (900  - 1200 AD), but I believe the time span is significantly greater. These rings can often be found on the Internet, but the leading museums do not have them in their online-collections. So I'm not sure, what kind of rings they are really.
Can anybody help? Thank you very much!!!
 :) :) :)

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Roman / Byzantine / Medieval Rings - Help in identification
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 04:12:28 pm »
These rings with linear and dot designs are generally reckoned to be medieval - though not very well documented as far as I know.

Some of your rings with small bezels with figures engraved on them might be Roman.

Would have to see close-us of them I think.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 04:36:08 pm »
Click the photo twice. It gets pretty close.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline nikopolis1

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 01:16:29 am »
The one on the first row in the middle and the one on the last row with the 3 circles might be roman /byzantine 3-6 century AD.The rest are medieval 900 - 1600 AD  I would say:)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity