Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Work For Forum Get Paid in Denarii  (Read 28330 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Work For Forum Get Paid in Denarii
« on: February 14, 2002, 10:29:54 am »
Did you know you can work for Forum and get paid in denarii.  Well, sort of... we actually pay in FORVM dollars, which you can use to buy denarii. You can use FORVM dollars to pay for up to 50% of any purchase from FORVM. In other words, if you have $20 FORVM dollars credit and you buy a $30 coin, you can use $15 of your FORVM dollars toward the purchase. Forum Dollars expire in 90 days, but only if you have not purchased anything from Forum for 90 days. If you place an order at least once every three months, your FORVM dollars will never expire. So, you may be asking, how do I earn these FORVM dollars?

Refer someone to FORVM and on their first order they put your name and email address in the comments and note that your referred them, you get $10 in FORVM dollars.

Find a coin in our catalog attributed incorrectly (a significant error), we pay $10 in FORVM dollars.

Find an error in a coin description get $3 for the first coin and $1 for each coin of the same type with the same error.

Find a broken link, typo, spelling error or other error and get $3 in FORVM dollars. This does not apply to the Discussion Board, NumisWiki, Gallery, Fake Coin Report or Hosted Sites (material not created by Forum).

Adding fake coin reports - $2 FORVM dollars each if you submit 25 or more in a month. Note, you don't need expertise to submit fake coin reports. Simply go through the threads on the discussion board, find confirmed fakes that have not yet been added to the fake coin reports and add them. To claim your Forum dollars send us an email with your total at the end of the month (email, not private message, and at the end of the month only).  

Submit an article related to ancient coins or history on NumisWiki and we may pay you up to $100 Forum dollars. To receive Forum dollars, your article must be original, references cited, and include a minimum of one full page of text. Most articles will earn $50 Forum dollars. We may pay up to $100 Forum dollars for a longer, well-written, entertaining and informative article. We prefer articles use coin photographs from our catalog or the author's own collection. If any photographs are obtained from other sources, the author must obtain permission from the owner of the image and note the permission on the NumisWiki page. We may edit your article and we decide how much we will pay. To claim your Forum dollars for a NumisWiki article, please include your name on the NumisWiki page and send us an email to let us know you have added the article to NumisWiki.

To use your FORVM dollars, just place an order. They will automatically be deducted from your order.  FORVM dollars do not apply to auctions or orders placed anywhere but our www.forumancientcoins.com catalog. There are no limits on the amount of FORVM dollars you can earn or use but they do expire after 90 days.

Corrections, etc. should be emailed to CustomerService@forumancientcoins.com. Articles should be added to NumisWiki and then send us an email. Please do not use a discussion board personal message to me to claim FORVM dollars.  

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Tiberiusjulius

• Comitia Curiata
  • Caesar
Re: Work For FORVM Get Paid in Denarii
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 11:38:50 am »
What about attributing a unattributed coin in the catalog, or is that for the person who buys the coin to do?

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 11:48:05 pm »
We sell unattributed coins because people like to buy unattributed coins.  Most of the unattributed Roman we could attribute, then copy and paste an old description, modify if necessary, and put in the catalog attributed all within a minute or two.   We really don't need help with them.  

Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Aarmale

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:59:46 pm »
About a week ago, i made a Numiswiki article.  Do i get F$ for that? If so, where does it say how much i have?  Thank you for the clariication,

Aarmale
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמ×Øי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפל×Ŗא ח×Øיפ×Ŗא ממלי צנא ק×Øי

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 06:19:04 am »
Ask Joe beforehand if you'll get anything and how much it will be.
It's not an automatic process and Numiswiki, being a 'Wiki' is something collectors do for collectors,
not something you get paid for.

Andreas
Andreas Reich

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 09:45:16 am »
Although we prefer free articles ( :) ), we will pay Forum dollars.  If you want Forum dollars, after the article is up on NumisWiki, send us an email with your username and the article's title. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

gavignano

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 10:32:47 pm »
I can say I thought Joe was very generous for my article. And I got to spend Forvm bucks on some campgates and books, my two loves.
On that topic, honestly, the campgates I got here were BY FAR the best ones from any site. One in particular was amazing, even better than it looked in the photo, and it looked mighty good there. thanks Joe!

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 04:59:51 pm »
Does this include SOLD items in the catalog?
I would report any errors I find regardless, but earning a few FORVM Bucks along the way would be cool.  8)

~ Peter

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 10:16:40 am »
Yes.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Work For Forum Get Paid in Denarii
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 12:55:44 pm »
I have made a couple changes...

Find an error in a coin description, get $3 for the first coin and $1 for each coin of the same type with the same error.

This clarifies that if there multiple errors on a single coin listing we consider them all part of the same error and only pay $3.  

We were paying $3 each coin with the same copy and paste error.  It was just costing too darn much, so I have reduced the duplicates to $1 per coin.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Russ

• Consul
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 12:04:48 pm »
Hi Joe,

Just wondering... am I splitting hairs or an error?

In the introduction to Scarabs, you show a Scarabaeus venerabilis (with ribbed or striped elytra), then use the term Scarabaeus sacer to begin paragraph 2.
     For S. venerabilis, see:

1.   Bothmer, Bernard V. Scarabaeus Venerabilis in Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts. Boston, December 1950, Vol. XLVII, No. 274, pp. 86 and 87, figs. 1 and 2.
2.   Petrie, W.M.F.   Scarabs and Cylinders with Names, British School of Archaeology in Egypt and Egyptian Research Account 21st Year, 1915; London, 1917, page 7.

Thanks.
Russ

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 01:59:52 pm »
Do you mean here: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=scarabs?

That is an article written by Alex Malloy and Peter Sharrer, and I think it is OK as it is.  

NumisWiki articles are contributed by our members and we don't pay Forum dollars for corrections to NumisWiki.  As a member, all you have to do is be logged in and click edit to make changes.  Certainly the pages on scarabs can be corrected, improved, and expanded.  I would be greatful for any improvements you make.  
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Russ

• Consul
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 03:57:04 pm »
Hi Joe,
     The article is fine, it is the illustration that is not. Its like writing an article about Fort automobiles and using illustrations of Chevrolets. Since they are both automobiles, I suppose it doesn't really matter, a car is a car...
Russ

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 04:10:18 pm »
Since you seem to know about scarab beetles, and anyone can edit the numiswiki, why don't you put it right? I get annoyed when I see an article about honeybees and they illustrate it with a bumblebee or a wasp, so I know how you feel!
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline Harry G

• Consul
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 12:35:31 pm »
Hello,

This probably doesn't count, but there's an error in the 'Beginner's Guide to the Collection of Ancient Coins' page:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Ancient%20Coin%20Collecting%20101

Instead of "Beginner's", it says "BeginnerĀ's". This might just be my computer, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

Thanks!

[EDIT:]

This does not apply to the Discussion Board, NumisWiki, Gallery, Fake Coin Report or Hosted Sites (material not created by Forum).

Whoops, sorry!
Please check out my gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6793

Have a nice day!

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 08:24:55 pm »
Numiswiki is a wiki, which means anyone can change pages. You can correct that yourself.  And, of course the credits do not apply to pages that anyone can modify.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 02:48:16 pm »
To make some quick Forum Dollars, add Fake Coin Reports for the fakes on this page....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/apoloarcheolgy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

If you add 25 reports, you get $50 FORVM dollars.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2021, 07:54:58 am »
Hi Joe. I added all those and am working though an additional backlog of fakes that I am adding to the reports. I will ley you know when I am done.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2021, 12:54:34 pm »
Thanks Martin.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS