Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Is There Recourse When A Post Is Deleted?  (Read 475 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Is There Recourse When A Post Is Deleted?
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:35:07 am »
So, how does one contact someone when their posts get deleted? I posted on the fraudulent dealer thread that was published news and involved The Louve. I would have appreciated an explanation as to why that was a thread that should have been deleted especially as I was defending it being there. Is any negative news about any dealer banned? Seems to me that would mean the entire NSFL needs to go. Or am I missing something and some dealers are protected and others are not?People selling fake coins on Ebay are bad and dealers making thousands on antiquities selling to museums is protected? Interesting to say the least. Someone selling looted or faked antiquities to museums should be on an even more important list than NSFL and go to jail, as may happen in that case where the thread was deleted.

Regards,
Virgil

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Is There Recourse When A Post Is Deleted?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 03:54:14 am »
I can't answer that for you, but it doesn't seem to be an isolated case. I saw a whole string of posts missing while browsing earlier today.

~ Peter

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 09:37:42 am »
...Is any negative news about any dealer banned? Seems to me that would mean the entire NSFL needs to go....

Yes, anything negative about dealers is banned with the exception of the NFSL and limited discussion of sellers on the NFSL. Anything positive about sellers is also banned with the exception of praise for FORVM and any Procurator Monetae members and firms they own or represent. This has been the policy here for more than 10 years and is discussed in numerous posts. I take responsibility for the accuracy of posts denigrating sellers on the NFSL, and for posts praising Procurator Monetae. I will not take responsibility for possible defamation or undeserved recommendations for other sellers and I do not have time or desire to try to confirm the accuracy of these posts.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 10:28:36 pm »
OK, thanks for explanation. I accept that even if there is sometimes disagreement, but I appreciate your take on the matter and I respect it.

Thanks and regards,
Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity