Announcements and Help > FORVM Announcements and Website Help

Garbled Greek in My Gallery

(1/2) > >>

Schatz:
Hello,
I checked my gallery again the other day and noticed that in the description of some of my more recent entries the Greek legends were scrambled with “unGreek” symbols.  Suspecting that a website update was to blame I tried to find a fix in the Help section but was unable to do so.  All tweaks and keyboard strokes I could think of were of no use.  I wonder if someone had a similar experience and managed to solve the Greek letter mystery.

Earlier today I tried to send this message from my less than a year old iMac with the latest Safari software.  I was unable to do so.  Pressing the Post button resulted in frozen pages and the message was never sent.  What is happening there?

I would appreciate good advice.

shanxi:

--- Quote from: Schatz on October 13, 2021, 10:58:12 am ---Hello,
I checked my gallery again the other day and noticed that in the description of some of my more recent entries the Greek legends were scrambled with “unGreek” symbols.  Suspecting that a website update was to blame I tried to find a fix in the Help section but was unable to do so.  All tweaks and keyboard strokes I could think of were of no use.  I wonder if someone had a similar experience and managed to solve the Greek letter mystery.

--- End quote ---

A known problem, easy to solve. The strange symbols appear only in the gallery overviews.

Open a single coin view > Press "Edit description" > Click "Apply changes" without changing anything > Go back to the gallery overview > refresh (F5) > problem solved for this coin.

Unfortunately you have to this for every coin with this problem.

Joe Sermarini:
We had another gallery security update today.  We will have to see what impacts we have.

Schatz:
Thanks,

Joe and shanxi.  The advice was good and simple, I will set about going through my gallery now and re-Greek my entries.
Perhaps the new security update will take care of the frozen iMac discussion page, who knows, computers move in mysterious ways.

Schatz

Jay GT4:
Same thing has happened to mine but not to all the Greek, only a select few.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version