Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: University Antiquities Collection  (Read 946 times)

Offline RL

• Consul
University Antiquities Collection
« on: June 24, 2021, 06:58:01 am »
Hi all

My old university has recently uploaded a large part of it's classical antiquities collection to an online database and I thought people here might like to browse. A lot of the statues are reproductions, and I don't recall it having many coins, but there are some nice Hellenistic silver coins that have been uploaded and a few Roman bronzes (including an aes graves) amongst an impressive collection of original pottery - which is the focus of the collection.

https://ehive.com/collections/4835/teece-museum-of-classical-antiquities
http://teecemuseum.nz/

It's good to see this kind of thing becoming more common, and hopefully we see more of it. I understand my local regional museum has quite a large ancient coin collection but only a few dozen coins are on display (and those are face up in a glass covered cabinet so you can only see one side  ::) ) and none of it is digitized as far as I know, which is a pity.

Online Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: University Antiquities Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 11:09:30 am »
Nice collection.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS