Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Silver "Greek" Achaemenid ring ID  (Read 299 times)

Offline DAVID J11

• Auxiliary
Silver "Greek" Achaemenid ring ID
« on: August 11, 2022, 07:57:15 am »
This stretches the definition of coin a bit, but according to what I have read, Achaemenid silver rings were used as both money and jewelry, so maybe the mods will let it fly.  I bought this ring for $75 from Artifact Man Ancient Coins, who I have seen on lists of reputable coin sellers.  The description was "Achaemenid Greek ring".  I have been wearing this ring every day (size 9, don't judge 1), and as time has gone by some of the crud/corrosion has worn off.  I noticed that the silver underneath was pitted, and I started to wonder whether the ring is real or if it was a cast fake.  Moreover, I see that an extremely similar, almost too similar, ring was just sold here: [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN].  What do you think Ancient Coin Forum?  Real or fake? (don't judge 2: two small scratches on one of the serpant noses -- that was my bad with a bit of overzealous cleaning.)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity