Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Soapy Ephesos Drachms  (Read 500 times)

Offline Din X

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Soapy Ephesos Drachms
« on: June 20, 2022, 09:28:09 am »
demetrius7107 has  currently 3 soapy Ephesos drachms for sale, die matches of all 3 have been condemned by Barry Murphy as
"Modern dies, not transfer dies and they are struck (or pressed). Honestly the punch side is so wrong seeing one was enough to be certain they were fake. "

demetrius7107 has sold already many of these fakes before. I own one of these too and in hand they are clearly fake.

Although they have a very very soft and soapy surface Barry Murphy thinks that they are struck or pressed.
So I am not the only one who thinks so and he seemed to have some of these in hand like me.

Joe Sermarini has correctly noticed the soapyness of  details of many or even most of the fakes I posted here not sure if you can not see the soapyness on the others due to misleading pictures or altering of surfaces (artificial wear and or artificial toning).

So if others can possibly not see that they share the same style, maybe they can at least see that many of them share the same soapyness of details and understand that this soapyness of details is not normal for authentic coins.
And if we then realize that they are not cast but either struck or pressed we have to ask why do they then have such a soapy surface.
And if even fresh mint state fake have these soapyness, this soapyness must have been already in the dies.
Why is this soapyiness in the dies? (not sure maybe cut details in silicon and then making dies with electroplating, or casting the modern dies)

So base on this we can conclude same soapyness although struck or pressed = same or similar die production process and most likely same workshop and forger.

demetrius7107 has currently 3 soapy Ephesos drachms for sale, die matches of all 3 have been condemned by Barry Murphy

[BROKEN LINKS REMOVED BY ADMIN]

More of them sold recently by demetrius7107

[BROKEN LINKS REMOVED BY ADMIN]

Cointalk thread from which I quoted Barry Murphy

[LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

All coins are guaranteed for eternity