Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Classical Numismatics Books and References Discussion Forum

Finding books from abbreviations

<< < (2/3) > >>

helvetica:
The RPC online website often cites coins with an abbreviation, which is not listed in their bibliography.
I noticed one last week where the source of the coin was given as
N         SNG (and a number).
So what does the N denote ? Newcastle ? Norway ? somewhere else ? (it's not New York which is abbreviated as NY or ANS)
I can't remember what coin it was but in the past, on RPC online, I have seen similar obscure abbreviations which are not in the Bibliography list.

Joe Sermarini:
Notice that SNG ANS and GIC are blue text. That indicates they are links. When you see links here, you might find the answer you are looking for. In the Forum shop, the references used are often listed at the bottom of each page.

Altamura:

--- Quote from: helvetica on October 17, 2021, 09:46:41 am ---... So what does the N denote ? Newcastle ? Norway ? somewhere else ? ...
--- End quote ---
Or perhaps just some sort of typo?

Regards

Altamura

Joe Sermarini:
No way to know unless you can match the number in a reference. The reason I try so hard to make the references I use completely clear is my frustration trying to interpret the abbreviations used by others. Unfortunately any abbreviation less than four letters is not suitable for a link. I don't know what this N is.

Altamura:

--- Quote from: Joe Sermarini on October 19, 2021, 07:51:10 am ---... No way to know unless you can match the number in a reference. ...
--- End quote ---
And this is quite hard without knowing the coin in question :).

Regards

Altamura

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version