Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: SAXBYS Coins - NOTICE OF INTENT  (Read 11338 times)

Offline commodus

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Deceased Member
  • Caesar
Re: SAXBYS Coins - NOTICE OF INTENT
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 11:45:49 am »
I believe that the aformentioned purveyor of dodgy coins is still based in Birmingham.

According to his homepage, he is in a place called Thornbury, Holsworthy, in Devon, which would be in the southwest, closer to Exeter. I don't know if that is accurate or not. Another version of Saxby's site, which appears to be older but is also still up on line, gives a Tamworth location, which is closer to Birmingham. That site, however, doesn't appear to be current, while the one giving the Devon address does. The Tamworth address site lists a Mrs. Jane Saxby as owner and gives a different phone number and email address than the other site, which lists Benjamin Stocks as owner. However, the graphics of the two sites are identical, even down to the fake Celtic coin depicted, so clearly there is no confusion of different businesses with the same name. The Tamworth address site's search mechanism seems to be disabled, however, and the Thornbury address site's isn't, so I'm thinking Tamworth is the currect location and that Saxby's was formerly in the Birmingham region.
Evidently, Saxby's has claimed an affiliation with another dealer in Birmingham, though that dealer has publicly denied any such affiliation and claims not to have heard of Saxby until 2007 when the assertion of such affiliation was made.
Eric Brock (1966 - 2011)

Offline mwilson603

• Caesar
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 12:34:28 pm »
Quote from: commodus on July 12, 2011, 11:45:49 am
I believe that the aformentioned purveyor of dodgy coins is still based in Birmingham.

According to his homepage, he is in a place called Thornbury, Holsworthy, in Devon, which would be in the southwest, closer to Exeter.

Ah that's still OK.  It's only an hour away from my parents, so next time I am visiting them, maybe......................

regards

Mark

Offline Rich Beale

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Nec Aspera Terrent
    • ROMA NUMISMATICS
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 01:13:27 pm »
"The pen (or website) is mightier than the sword!"

Ah that's still OK.  It's only an hour away from my parents, so next time I am visiting them, maybe......................

Well, while the above might be true in some instances, you might want to borrow my sword just in case. I'd put more faith in that than a BIC without a lid... :)

Sandy M

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2021, 05:15:42 pm »
A total fraud, he lives his life as a fraud. Ben has always been in and out of crime. People in Staffordshire knew him when he was younger as a criminal. The years go by but the leopard never changes his spots.

Sandy M

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2021, 05:22:59 pm »
Ben stocks is a small 5.3ft tiny man who couldn’t defend a bat. Feel Free to meet him he lives near Ashby, has family in Tamworth, most people in Tamworth know of him and his crimes. He is due to set up again selling coins shortly but god knows what name he will go under this time.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity