Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Cilician Armenia, Levon III or Levon IV?  (Read 506 times)

Offline Skolot

• Consul
Cilician Armenia, Levon III or Levon IV?
« on: September 23, 2021, 06:30:03 am »
Hello. A can't understand the difference between takvorins of Levon III and Levon IV, they seem to be the same to me. Here I have 4 coins, can anybody help me to identify them and explain how to tell Levon III from Levon IV?

1. 2,28 gr, 18 mm
2. 2,09 gr, 20 mm
3. 2,08 gr, 21 mm
4. 2,06 gr, 20 mm

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Cilician Armenia, Levon III or Levon IV?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 01:13:23 pm »
Skolot,

Your inquiry prompted me to glance at my medieval Armenian gallery
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4626

Much to my consternation, it appears that when Joe upgraded the website I lost many of my descriptions and am left with just photos!

I don't have time now to answer your question but hope to do so. Remind me if I don't get to it.

Stkp

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 02:09:20 pm »
Much to my consternation, it appears that when Joe upgraded the website I lost many of my descriptions and am left with just photos!

If you lost the descriptions only in the "album view" and not in the "single coin view" it's not a big problem.
Just open the "single coin view", click "edit description", don't change anything, click "Apply changes". Now the description of the in the album view should be there again for this coin. Maybe you have to refresh the page.

I had to do this for at least 50 coins.

BTW: Wrong greek letters in the album view can be repaired in the same way.

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 10:38:26 pm »
Skolot: I believe that the Levon IIIs and Levon IVs can be distinguished by the field marks.

Shanxi: It worked. Thank you!

Stkp

All coins are guaranteed for eternity