Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Ancient Coin Forum

Visiting Rome this week

(1/2) > >>

Ron C2:
As an aside, I'm visiting Rome this week.  Can't really post photos as I can't resize them on my phone, but will share some snaps when I get back. Biggest disappointment so far is the Augustan mosoleum is again closed for renovations. I've never been able to go, it's always being renovated when I'm in town.

Haven't seen any coin shops yet, but hope springs eternal.

Tracy Aiello:
Hi Ron,

Have a great time. Disappointing that the Augustan mausoleum is closed. On the bright side, it gives you a reason to return.

All the best,

Tracy

Jay GT4:
Have fun Ron!  I'm going home soon but won't be up to Rome.  I'll be near ancient Terina in the heart of  Bruttium,  Might make my way up to Paestum but mostly just hitting the beach!

Ron C2:
Nice Jay, sounds great! I'm also going to be in Florence and Venice over the next 1.5 weeks. If anyone can recommend a decent ancient coin shop in the Rome city center, please do!

DzikiZdeb:

--- Quote from: Ron C2 on August 18, 2022, 04:31:57 pm ---Augustan mosoleum is again closed for renovations.

--- End quote ---

As they write on the Roman tourism website, the work concerns the square around the mausoleum and began on June 6: http://060608.it/en/cultura-e-svago/beni-culturali/beni-archeologici/mausoleo-di-augusto.html. They couldn't do it together with the renovation of the mausoleum? The quirkiness of Italian renovations - they closed it again after fifteen months ...

Among other things, I am waiting for the opening of the Museum of Roman Civilization in the EUR district. As it is far from the center, I didn't find out about it until 2015 and it had been closed for a year then. So far I can't find out if and when it will be reopened. Some renovation is going on, but nothing concrete can be found out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version