Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Provincial Coins in SNG  (Read 987 times)

Offline Andrew R4

• Auxiliary
  • Andrew Randall
Provincial Coins in SNG
« on: December 26, 2020, 11:25:30 pm »
I am trying to find different reference books that have information on coins from Mesopotamia.  I bought a coin recently and it cited "SNG Copenhagen 240 corr (same)" and also "SNG Hunterian 2448-50".  My problem is that none of the 8 volumes of the SNG Copenhagen mention Mesopotamia so I don't know which volume to buy.  For the SNG Hunterian there are only 2 volumes but again with no mention of Mesopotamia I don't know which volume to buy.  Any guidance would be appreciated.
Andrew Randall

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Re: Provincial Coins in SNG
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 01:23:17 am »

Numiswiki gives answer to your problems: click the blue links.

SNG Copenhagen

SNG Hunterian

Pekka K

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Provincial Coins in SNG
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 03:20:12 am »
The coins of the Huntarian collection can be found online here: http://www.sylloge-nummorum-graecorum.org/
You click on "Database", then you choose "XII Hunterian Museum Part II" in the list for "Collection", after that you enter "mesopotamia" in the field for "Search All" and finally you click "Submit". Then you get it :).

There are some more options to refine the search, but you will see.

Regards

Altamura

All coins are guaranteed for eternity