Resources > The Members' Gallery

Gallery FAQs

<< < (18/21) > >>

Blindado:
All the information about the coins in my gallery has disappeared from the main screen, though it is available when one clicks the picture. I'm just wondering if this is permanent.

Joe Sermarini:
It probably is permanent. We have to make the gallery work on mobile phones to please Google and get good search results rank and to please the increasing number of visitors that use phones.

Abu Galyon:
It was much more fun when the captions were displayed, so that you could read a bit about the coin and then decide if you wanted to click on the picture for a closer look.  Inevitably sometimes contributors wrote descriptions that were long-winded and discursive, but often the captions were very useful, for example, if the description mentioned some minor variation in the legend or privy marks which you would have missed only looking at the thumbnail. I'm sure it's a non-trivial problem, Joe, but I really hope you find a way to restore the captions.

Bill R.

Callimachus:

The discussion here is mostly about changes being made to Forvm's software to accomodate mobile phones, I have a small but unrelated request.

Since the software is already being changed and rewritten, how about changing the Login page to have a cursor already in the Username filed so that I do not have to first click on the field to get a cursor there. If there is a cursor already there, I can begin typing immediately. Some websites already have that feature (Google, GMail). I know it is a small thing, but it would sure be nice.

The info in the following link is probably old by now, but perhaps it explains things better than I did above.

https://www.webmechanix.com/automatically-put-cursor-in-form-field-make-users-happy

Thanks for reading and considering this small website change.

Joe Sermarini:
I passed your post to our Webmaster to see if he can do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version