Resources > Ancient and Medieval Coin Identification Help

Wildwinds: News etc.

<< < (20/22) > >>

Mat:
Thanks for all the hard work, Dane. We appreciate it. +++

PMah:
Indeed!

helvetica:
I like people to ask me when they want to use images from wildwinds for theses, articles, book covers, TV programs (!), etc and usually it is no problem, unless it is an image I had to pay for, or the museum or owner has given me exclusive permission.

I received an email yesterday which got me so angry, I was shaking... (I marked some parts below in bold text)
My name is [name removed] and I am anamateur coin collector from Greece. For 48 years, I worked as a doctor (PlasticSurgeon). Since my retirement, I have written books about ancient Greek coins.

Specifically, I have written seven issuesof approximately 200 pages each, concerning ancient Greek coins with images exclusively sourced from Wildwinds.
If you would be interested in the publication of these books, and could provide support in this process (specifically by identifying a suitable publishing house for these volumes and shouldering the expenses related to the publicity, printing, and distribution of these books), I would be more than happy to receive your feedback.

So this bloke, who apparently has absolutely no respect for other peoples' work, flaunts copyright law, steals my unpaid work and images - many of them contributed by of a lot of Forum members - has the b****y audacity not only to brag about it, but to ask me to pay for his plagiarism !!!???
He should be ashamed of himself.
I sent him a suitable reply  ;D

Joe Sermarini:
Damn, why did he do all that work without even asking for permission first????  And then he contacts you like that????  Wow.

Molinari:
Truly unbelievable!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version