Resources > Ancient and Medieval Coin Identification Help

Wildwinds: News etc.

<< < (17/22) > >>

Fatih K:
Excellent , I is indeed very useful thanks alot, +++

helvetica:
Just a quick bit of information about collectors of English coins.
I got fed up of wildwinds jumping to and fro between an entry on e.g. the Henry VIII page and the appropriate entry in the /SE directory that I spent long hours during the past week moving all the /SE entries to the appropriate kings pages and adding quite a lot of full legends to many pages. So the old /SE directory (folder) is now empty, all the blue (links to /SE..) lines on the kings' pages are gone, you click on a coin and it's there instead of jumping over to another folder.
It'll probably take a while for Google's spiders to catch up and realise that their links are out of date, and they'll send me emails complaining about 1,000 dead links...  ::)

helvetica:
UPDATE: I spent Monday, Tuesday and today Wednesday modifying copies (i.e. modifying all the links etc) of all the wildwinds files, and running my trusty Search Engine Composer to make the new wildwinds USB Stick version.
I am not making DVDs any more. Because of all the additions over the past few years, the capacity of the wildwinds files have now exceeded the max. capacity of a DVD, so I am putting them on 16 Gb USB sticks instead, and can also add more useful pdfs.

Virgil H:
Wildwinds is possibly the most useful site on the Internet for ancient coin identification and I thank you so much. I use it a lot. What do you do with the USB's of the site? Is this for offline viewing or is there more to it as you mentioned the ability to add pdfs. Inquiring minds want to know. And thank you again for such a valuable resource.

Virgil

helvetica:
Virgil: Instead of selling the website for offline use, on DVDs as I was doing until January this year, I now sell the offline version on usb sticks instead. This is handy for people who, for example, have a laptop, PC or notebook in areas with a poor or slow internet connection, (e.g. archaeologists on field work) or who take their notebook to coin fairs, or simply to have a backup.
There is an ad amongst the wildwind banners to buy it, otherwise you can go straight to it here:
http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/contribute.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version