Announcements and Help > FORVM Announcements and Website Help

Work For Forum Get Paid in Denarii

<< < (3/4) > >>

Russ:
Hi Joe,

Just wondering... am I splitting hairs or an error?

In the introduction to Scarabs, you show a Scarabaeus venerabilis (with ribbed or striped elytra), then use the term Scarabaeus sacer to begin paragraph 2.
     For S. venerabilis, see:

1.   Bothmer, Bernard V. Scarabaeus Venerabilis in Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts. Boston, December 1950, Vol. XLVII, No. 274, pp. 86 and 87, figs. 1 and 2.
2.   Petrie, W.M.F.   Scarabs and Cylinders with Names, British School of Archaeology in Egypt and Egyptian Research Account 21st Year, 1915; London, 1917, page 7.

Thanks.
Russ

Joe Sermarini:
Do you mean here: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=scarabs?

That is an article written by Alex Malloy and Peter Sharrer, and I think it is OK as it is.  

NumisWiki articles are contributed by our members and we don't pay Forum dollars for corrections to NumisWiki.  As a member, all you have to do is be logged in and click edit to make changes.  Certainly the pages on scarabs can be corrected, improved, and expanded.  I would be greatful for any improvements you make.  

Russ:
Hi Joe,
     The article is fine, it is the illustration that is not. Its like writing an article about Fort automobiles and using illustrations of Chevrolets. Since they are both automobiles, I suppose it doesn't really matter, a car is a car...
Russ

Robert_Brenchley:
Since you seem to know about scarab beetles, and anyone can edit the numiswiki, why don't you put it right? I get annoyed when I see an article about honeybees and they illustrate it with a bumblebee or a wasp, so I know how you feel!

Harry G:
Hello,

This probably doesn't count, but there's an error in the 'Beginner's Guide to the Collection of Ancient Coins' page:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Ancient%20Coin%20Collecting%20101

Instead of "Beginner's", it says "BeginnerĀ's". This might just be my computer, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

Thanks!

[EDIT:]

--- Quote ---This does not apply to the Discussion Board, NumisWiki, Gallery, Fake Coin Report or Hosted Sites (material not created by Forum).
--- End quote ---

Whoops, sorry!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version