Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Fake Julianus?  (Read 862 times)

Daniel-Alexandru B

Fake Julianus?
« on: October 23, 2022, 04:44:40 pm »
Hello. I need a third opinion. I bought this coin a while back from Ebay. I didn't see any reason for to be a fake. A friend told me that this coin is a modern forgery. That's why I need a third opinion. Cheers.

Daniel

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Fake Julianus?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 06:59:15 pm »
It looks like it might be a genuine coin - but one that was worn and corroded and then was harshly cleaned with chemicals.  But it is hard to tell from the photos.  Do you have a photo of the edges??

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Daniel-Alexandru B

Re: Fake Julianus?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 10:01:36 am »
Here a the pictures from the side. Thank you!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity