Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: AVRELIANVS not in Wildwinds?  (Read 153 times)

Offline Nathaniel N2

• Consul
  • A Lover of History and Art
AVRELIANVS not in Wildwinds?
« on: September 28, 2022, 02:28:02 pm »
I recently purchased some uncleaned coins from Noble Roman Coins. Among them was a large antoninianus with silvering mostly intact. I'm still working on the cleaning process but thought I might be able to identify it as it is now.

Obverse reads [IMP] AVRELIANVS AVG
Reverse reads *MIL ITVM
The mint however is a C Star. Looking on Wildwinds, I find 3 coins with a C Star mint. None of them have the MILITVM Legend or even a similar reverse. Searches on OCRE have been similarly fruitless.
https://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/aurelian/RIC_0342.jpg

I have to say, I'm a little excited. I hope it is a rare coin but before I go to far I think its good to hear what others have to say. At the very least, I am super excited to have a nicely silvered AVRELIANUS coin.
Looking for more underpriced uncleaned coins. Let me know if you find them.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: AVRELIANVS not in Wildwinds?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 02:38:43 pm »

Offline AMICTUS

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 02:38:59 pm »
Probably listed in RIC Temp.

Offline Nathaniel N2

• Consul
  • A Lover of History and Art
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 02:45:45 pm »
That matches up pretty perfectly! Glad to have the ID.
Looking for more underpriced uncleaned coins. Let me know if you find them.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity