Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Drenched in sweat, fever, chills, aching...Not from Covid, from the damn booster  (Read 913 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Drenched in sweat, fever, chills, aching...not from COVID, from the booster.  Damn, I hope I never get the real thing.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
I've had three shots and the worst I felt was a simple sore arm from the shot and it went away after a day.

Hopefully, you feel better soon.
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline v-drome

• Caesar
Yeah for me the aches and chills part lasts about a day.  The good news is that the shots seem to prevent the "severe acute respiratory syndrome" (SARS) which feels like drowning that never stops.  I am pretty sure I had it way back at the beginning before anyone even knew it was here.  Never want to experience that again.  I am glad you all are taking care.

Aloha, Jimi

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
This is shot number 4. They say if you haven't had one in 2022 it is time.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Hope you get over that soon as possible. I got the two shots but have elected to get no boosters. My first shot was an unpleasant aftermath, the second one was nothing.

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
I am in recovery after catching COVID for the first just over a week and a half ago. It is not pleasant.

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Better than being the "guest of honor", as it were.  Shot #4 scheduled for us Weds.
 Be well, everyone!
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
Hi Joe,

Get well soon! :)

I got Covid in December 2019. I was very sick for about 4 months.

About 5 months ago, I got my third Covid shot (my first booster). Ever since then, I have been very sleepy. I can't stop falling asleep. I have heard about this symptom from other people too.

Meepzorp

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
Hi Joe,

I was neither up nor down with the first three shots (Two were Astra Zeneca and one Pfizer) but I was a bit unwell after the fourth (booster) shot which was a Moderna one. Only felt iffy for less than a day though and nowhere near as bad as you seem to have been.

Alex

Online Dominic T

• Caesar
Damn, I hope I never get the real thing.

If it can comfort you, I’ve been sicker with my three shots than when I caught « the real thing »…
DT

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
I had no reaction to any of my shots and when I got Covid I had a slight headache for a day.  I consider myself extremely lucky!

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
It's a weird disease ...

I got it for, as far as I know, the first time while on vacation in Florida a few weeks ago. The only symptoms I had at the time were a runny nose and slight cough for a couple of days, which I thought at the time was just a mild cold... until a couple of days later when I got home and realized I had 100% lost my sense of smell (even strongest smells - nothing at all), and realized it must have been covid, as confirmed by a test.

Now, couple of weeks later my sense of smell is *slowly* starting to come back. What you don't realize is the degree to which taste and smell are related, with much of what we consider as "taste" really being smell. I noticed this with fresh pineapple, which only tasted sweet with zero tropical pineapple "taste" at all.

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
until a couple of days later when I got home and realized I had 100% lost my sense of smell

I think it is something new with this disease that everyone is very carefully recording and describing all the symptoms. I remember that many years ago I had ordinary flu (I think) during which I also lost my sense of smell for a long time. But in the past, generally no one described in details how he felt when he had the flu. Unless it was an exceptionally severe flu. So I was just sick. And maybe it wasn't the flu at all, but no one did tests in such cases.

Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
Drenched in sweat, fever, chills, aching...not from COVID, from the booster.  Damn, I hope I never get the real thing.

That is a good reaction Joe, it means your body is reacting. I got sick for a day after my 3rd shot, my wife a month later caught covid from a patient she was incubating (As medical person she had a shot a month earlier than mine, without reaction.), she got very sick for the week. I however stayed with her, did not isolate and never caught it. ( I had an early variation of covid a year earlier.)  I have coworkers who have had covid more than 3 times, once was enough for me.

The stronger the reaction, the better the protection.

Fell better and happier you are better protected.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Yes, I do think the reaction means it is working. Still, I suspect the real thing will be very unpleasant for me.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
I think it is something new with this disease that everyone is very carefully recording and describing all the symptoms.

True - brand new disease in the age of the internet.

With something like the flu nobody talks about it much since you assume everybody gets the same "flu-ish" symptoms .. but maybe they don't.

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Yes, I do think the reaction means it is working. Still, I suspect the real thing will be very unpleasant for me.
  Please stay well.  Last week, I attended a memorial lecture in honor of a numismatic friend who contracted COVID in first wave.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Much better today. Thanks.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Online Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
I've had 4 doses of Pfizer and still got COVID twice. I even still mask in crowded places and caught it anyway. I sympathize - neither time was fun for me, a lot like a bad flu, but it could have been much worse without vaccination.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
You must be out and about quite a bit. I have been a hermit for most of the pandemic.  I am going on a short vacation to the mountains on Friday. Gathering with family for my 60th. Hopefully it won't get me sick.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Online Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
Hope you're right Joe.  For me, the kids brought it home from school the first time, the second time I caught it seeing the new Top Gun movie in the theatre, even though I was masked, most around me were not, including a guy that was coughing a fair bit. I hope karma is a b!tch for that dude - lol.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

All coins are guaranteed for eternity