Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Gallery FAQs  (Read 56820 times)

Offline Prieure de Sion

• Praetorian
    • Yothr Collection
Re: Gallery FAQs
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2023, 05:07:01 pm »
I read the FAQ but find no answer. I seeone posting about a batch process to change a lot of pictures in one way - but thats not what i need and would ask.

My "problem" was - i only want change one picture.
But i find no workaround.

Is there no way to change the picture of one datafile?
I find no button, no way.

Thanks!
Yothr Collection: https://yothr.me

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2023, 05:53:54 pm »
As I understand it, once you upload a picture to the GALLERY, there is no way to later change just the picture.  You must delete the file along with all the text and any comments that are associated with it.

I am certain others, including perhaps Joe, will confirm that.

Craig

Offline Prieure de Sion

• Praetorian
    • Yothr Collection
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2023, 04:41:10 am »
As I understand it, once you upload a picture to the GALLERY, there is no way to later change just the picture.  You must delete the file along with all the text and any comments that are associated with it.

I am certain others, including perhaps Joe, will confirm that.

Craig

That was my previous "workaround" for lack of knowledgeable alternatives on my part. Create a new file, copy the details, add a new image to the new record, delete the old record and save the new record.

Stupidly, such a coin appears as "new" although it may have been published months ago. And you lose comments - where there might also be good information about the coin.
Yothr Collection: https://yothr.me

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2023, 10:29:51 am »
Inconvenient, yes, but technically it is a new entry because of the way it currently needs to be done.  The loss of previous comments is somewhat unfortunate. 

Perhaps, down the road, a new release of the software used to host the galleries will be modified to allow for replacement of just the image, something that is currently out of FORVM's hands.

Craig

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2023, 11:36:30 am »

I see no need to delete the first record. Add to it a link to new record and thus keep the old comments.

In second record you can put a similar link to old record.

Pekka K

All coins are guaranteed for eternity