Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Holy land oil lamp  (Read 10417 times)

joelbe

Holy land oil lamp
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:01:05 pm »
I recently bought an oil lamp (circa 100 A.D.), supposedly from the Holy Land from Sadigh Gallery in NY.  It looks to me to be an obvious fake.  Has anybody else out there had this same problem with this company?

Offline wandigeaux (1940 - 2010)

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
Re: Holy land oil lamp
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 03:30:14 pm »
Hi.  You'll notice that "Sadigh" in your post is blue.  Click on it and much will be revealed.  Cheers, George S.
Hwaet!
"The pump don't work 'cuz the Vandals took the handle" - St. Augustine
GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!!
(1940 - 2010)

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:35:26 pm »
I hope you don't mind the question but why did you buy it if it looks like an obvious fake?
Andreas Reich

joelbe

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:50:02 am »
Well its hard to tell what you're getting from a black and white catalog...I guess I'll just have to be more careful next time.  Live and learn I guess.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity