Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hendin classification  (Read 1244 times)

Offline frederic

• Consul
Hendin classification
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:14:39 pm »
hi, Could you help me to confirm the Hendin classification of this coin.
I think it could be Hendin 453 but the last lign is incomplete.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

frederic

Offline Salem Alshdaifat

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • I am coincoholic ,I need help plzzzzz.
    • http://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/athena_numismatics
Re: Hendin classification
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 02:58:40 pm »
Hi
many Judaean coins dosent have the exact match at Hendin book, your coin is Meshorer Class D.
the wreath in this coin is deferant than the wreath at Hyrcanus I other coins, Hendin match the script Hendin 453 but the exact wreath dosent match the coin he has at his book.
it is good to use Hendin as bigenner but to go deeper in Judaean coins better use Meshorer.
regards
Salem

All coins are guaranteed for eternity