Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Gospel of Judas  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Ecgþeow

• Consul
    • my gallery
Re: Gospel of Judas
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2006, 01:24:09 am »
Well, yes, there were a few translation/transcription errors.  I am currently reading through the Bible, and from time to time there is a note saying "Septuagint (or Dead Sea Scrolls) say..." Generally, the Septuagint and DDS make more sense, perhaps because our modern Hebrew version has gone through 2000 more years of copying, and there are bound to be errors.  But the differences are few and far between, and when they do arise, it seems to be just an added (or deleted) word, or clearer grammar.  Most of these came in Samuel, but that may be just because there is a full Qumran text of Sam.  I haven't yet gone through Jeremiah, but I am getting there, so I'll keep an eye out.

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
Re: Gospel of Judas
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2006, 05:55:14 pm »
The Septuagint of Jeremiah is about 13% shorter than the Hebrew, so I doubt whether you'll find much from that. There are six fragmentary copies in the DSS, the two most important being very similar to the Septuagint.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

All coins are guaranteed for eternity