Resources > The Members' Gallery

Dupes in a Gallery

(1/2) > >>

Virgil H:
I am planning on starting a gallery. Partly to add to the great coins already here and partly as my own record. I keep a spreadsheet of my coins. My question is, do people put duplicates in their galleries? I don't have many, but have a few due to buying lots in areas I am interested in. As a record, it seems fine. As a practical matter, maybe not. Was wondering what you think. My gallery will mostly be common coins, not much in the way of spectacular.

Thanks,
Virgil

Jay GT4:
Looking forward to it Virgil.

Personally I put all of my coins in my gallery, even duplicates.  I even made a folder for my sold coins to keep a record.

Virgil H:
Thanks Jay, that was pretty much what I was thinking, too. Appreciate the response.

Virgil

Ron C2:
I can't believe you have not jumped on the gallery bandwagon yet! It's one of the killer app features of FORUM. 

Generally I add every coin as I acquire it (though I have a few LRBs that have been with me decades I've not gotten around to adding yet).  I definitely put in duplicates - for the most part they are not the same dies anyway.

Virgil H:
Thanks for your response, Ron. My main problem is photography that I am very unsure about (and self-conscious about the quality). I think I have finally figured that part out. I agree it is a great feature of Forum. There is a time investment, of course, but I enjoy any excuse to "play" with my coins. I have my Elymais coins almost all photographed now because I am sharing them with a PhD student that asked me if he could use them in his studies, so that motivated me to take pictures and try to document them as best I can so he may make use of them in his research. This is also where I have the most dupes.

Regards,
Virgil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version