Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My Newest Addition  (Read 941 times)

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
My Newest Addition
« on: August 20, 2022, 01:41:42 am »
Just picked this piece up from the "after sale" list from a prominent US based dealer in coins and antiquities.

The description as per the seller:  Judean Terracotta Oil Lamp; Iron Age, ca. 1200 BC.  Hand made lamp of saucer shape with edge of one side pinched to form a spout. Soot marks remain on the spout. W. 5"

Craig

Offline v-drome

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Re: My Newest Addition
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 02:32:00 am »
Hi Craig, very nice.  I am not the expert but it certainly looks good, to me.  Here is a page from RomQ Reference Collection.
Regards, Jimi

https://www.romulus2.com/lamps/database/lamp.php?5

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 09:50:33 pm »
Thanks Jimi.

The firm I bought it from is considered above reproach in its antiquities offerings.

Craig

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 09:55:24 pm »
Great early lamp.  I really like these ones.

I just got an LMLK seal jar handle, but haven't had time to photograph it yet.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity