Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Iron Age coin hoard  (Read 639 times)

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
Iron Age coin hoard
« on: July 16, 2021, 09:45:26 am »
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Iron Age coin hoard
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 04:03:42 pm »
Watching the cleaning is fascinating. Sure wish my uncleaned coins were that easy  :)

Virgil

Offline Anaximander

• Caesar
Hillingdon hoard
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 07:22:21 am »
This is some great video of the cleaning a Hillingdon Hoard potin coin.  Cleaned using only a toothbrush, a toothpick, and a spot of water.  Brilliant! 
I rather like the reporting, which points out the coin type ("flat linear"), with a stylized Apollo and Charging Bull, and the potin alloy of lead, tin, and copper.

Anaximander Barypous
Member since 2019.
FAC Member Gallery

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Iron Age coin hoard
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 04:45:17 pm »
Wow.  I wish every uncleaned I had cleaned up like that......

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity