Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help on a Caecilius Metellus Denarius  (Read 297 times)

Offline Jose A

• Legionary
Help on a Caecilius Metellus Denarius
« on: November 26, 2022, 01:45:17 pm »
Hello everybody, i recently bought a coin to a local seller, on the pictures it looked ok but when i got it on my hands i begun to have some doubts.
I would really appreciate your opinion, im just a rookie.

Gens Caecillia Denarius
Weight 3.79 gr

My concerns are with the following:
1. The coin looks in great state of conservation, but on the reverse the horse legs have wear in a place that should not have surface contact.
2. The mint mark looks in a really good condition, almost too much to be true when comparing with other coins in online auctions.
3. The patina looks a bit odd.

Otherwise, i think it looks very good, the surface is not porous and is in the catalog weight, but one again, im far from beign an expert.

Thank you all and have a great weekend

All coins are guaranteed for eternity