Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unpublished bust type, Septimius Severus AE26 Nikopolis, Herakles rev.  (Read 471 times)

Offline Christian Scarlioli

• Praetorian
I thought I'd run my coin past the experts here before posting on the Unpublished coins section. Dane Kurth has already added it to the Wildwinds site, she told me she could not find the same bust type in all her records.

Septimius Severus, AE26, Ovinius Tertullus, legate consularis, Moesia Inferior, Nikopolis ad Istrum 198-201 A.D. 10.89g - 26.5mm.
Obv: ΑY K Λ C CEVHPOCΠ - Laureate head right.
Rev: ΥΠA OOY TEPTYΛΛΟΥ NIKOΠΟΛIT ΠPOC I - Herakles standing right with club, lion skin and bow.
Ref: AMNG 1276 var (bust type). Unpublished bust type with these legends and this image. Not in AMNG, Varbanov, Moushmov, Ruzicka additions, Agram, etc. which all have laur. draped and cuirassed bust.
Provenance: Added onto the Wildwinds site in October 2022. Chris Scarlioli Collection.

Regards
  Chris Scarlioli

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...

Offline Christian Scarlioli

• Praetorian
Re: Unpublished bust type, Septimius Severus AE26 Nikopolis, Herakles rev.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 02:08:40 am »
That's great Pekka many thanks, I'll let Dane know.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity