Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 2 New Previously Unnoticed Symbols Found on Coin of Herod Antipas  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Tacitus

• Caesar
2 New Previously Unnoticed Symbols Found on Coin of Herod Antipas
« on: September 17, 2019, 12:46:41 pm »
Two previously unnoticed symbols on Herod Antipas’ largest denomination of 33/4 CE (TJC:227, No. 87) are described and discussed. The features, which appear to be a star and a cornucopia, are present on all dies of the type. The reason for these symbols is unknown.

https://tinyurl.com/wkpmtqk

William M7

Re: 2 New Previously Unnoticed Symbols Found on Coin of Herod Antipas
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 07:38:03 pm »
I have run across this article in my research on a non-numismatic topic, and was pleasantly surprised to see it referenced in this forum.  I have emailed both contributors to this article, but have not yet heard back from them.  Is anyone in this forum aware of this coin and/or knowledgeable about it?  If os, I would appreciate being allowed to make contact and ask questions.  I thank you, Bill Mayor, [email removed by Forum]

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: 2 New Previously Unnoticed Symbols Found on Coin of Herod Antipas
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 07:54:50 pm »
Bill you should never put your email on a forum like this bots are continuously searching the web for them to add you to SPAM lists. I know you are already getting SPAM, we all are, but do you want more? Let people answer you here on the discussion or with a private message.  

Both of the authors are members of this discussion.

Jean-Philippe Fontanille is no longer active online in any way. He is not answering emails.

Aaron J Kogon is a member who was last here a few days ago, maybe he will answer here or by private message.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity