Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help ID Constantius II  (Read 642 times)

Offline Tanit

• Caesar
    • My Collection
Help ID Constantius II
« on: October 14, 2021, 06:54:42 pm »
Hello

I cannot identify this follis of Constantius II. I found RIC vii Nicomedia 128 but it does not mention that there is a dot behind the head on the obverse field. Can someone give me a reference or it is not listed?

AE Follis
3.2 g. ;  18.2 mm

Thanks

Offline Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
Re: Help ID Constantius II
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 07:53:07 pm »
If you look, you can find these stray dots on LRB's. They were likely used in the engraving process. Whatever the purpose, they do not change the RIC number. Here is one with a dot on the obverse after CONSTAN.
Victor Clark

LRB gallery

Offline Tanit

• Caesar
    • My Collection
Re: Help ID Constantius II
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 04:19:37 am »
Thank you Victor  +++

All coins are guaranteed for eternity