Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Vespasian danari  (Read 872 times)

Offline David M3

• Caesar
  • Retired collect as a hobby
Vespasian danari
« on: May 01, 2010, 06:34:57 pm »
I have been going over my collection and found some fakes I had collected early on in my collecting days. I hope these are not additional fakes but I'll put them out to more eyes thanks.
David V McCallum II

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Vespasian danari
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:10:41 pm »
Why do you suspect these?  I don't see anything that jumps out, they just look like typical worn Flavian coins.  Are you seeing something in hand?

Offline commodus

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Deceased Member
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 01:03:42 am »
They don't look suspicious at all.
Eric Brock (1966 - 2011)

Offline David M3

• Caesar
  • Retired collect as a hobby
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 10:02:25 am »
I've heard so much about ebay and these two are ebay coins just wanted a second set of eyes thank you for confirming what I thought. I consider them true, but just second guessed myself. I can find a glaring fake but a good fake I still have a time with. so no more ebay.
David V McCallum II

Offline commodus

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Deceased Member
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:20:52 pm »
There are good sellers on ebay and bad sellers on ebay. I have gotten some of my best deals on ebay -- some from Forum itself. I get rather disgusted with some of the "beware of fleabay" nonsense out there, lumping all ebay sellers together as though they were all crooks. Some are, most aren't (some of the most reputable dealers I know of have listings on ebay and many of the smaller sellers are members of this board). One simply has to know from whom one is buying and also know what one is buying. In short, be knowledgeable and careful -- as with everything else.
Eric Brock (1966 - 2011)

Offline David Atherton

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • The meaning of life can be found in a coin.
    • Flavian Fanatic Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 04:29:09 pm »
The coins look worn but OK to me.

Purchase from reliable dealers and you really have nothing to worry about. A lot of the reliable dealers sell on ebay too.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity