Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Shout Out to Koinon  (Read 397 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Shout Out to Koinon
« on: January 17, 2023, 05:34:29 pm »
I just got the 2022 Volume V hard copy of Koinon: The International Journal of Classical Numismatic Studies. I have to do a shout out. This is a slick and beautiful publication that covers a wide range of mostly ancient numismatics, but also covers Medieval and Early Modern Coinage and a catalogue of new varieties. Truly a classy journal.

I subscribe to this and I get the ANS American Journal of Numismatics. I also love the ANS magazine and have ordered old issues of The Celator. The reason, for me, is that it gets me to read articles and studies about all facets of ancient and medieval and modern numismatics. This is also why I read every post on Forum, including in areas I do not collect. These are often topics I would never have looked up before and many involve areas I do not collect. But, I feel like this is a good way to get out of my comfort zone and learn new things.

In any case, this issue of Koinon is excellent and shout out to Molinari and Shawn Caza and others here on Forum who are involved with this journal.

Virgil

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Shout Out to Koinon
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 06:25:55 pm »
Thank you, Virgil!  I just received my box today too so the US members of the editorial board should get their copies soon!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity