Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Rivista italiana di numismatica e scienze affini 1982  (Read 376 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Rivista italiana di numismatica e scienze affini 1982
« on: January 17, 2023, 08:51:41 am »
Does anyone have a copy of the journal Rivista italiana di numismatica e scienze affini (RIN)1982?  I need a scan of the plates and images from Giacosa's article, please.

Offline Poemenius

• Consul
Re: Rivista italiana di numismatica e scienze affini 1982
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 03:08:15 am »
I do not have this number, but my advice is to ask on the main italian forum - lamoneta
many people I am sure will email you a pdf with no problem
all the best
Alain

Offline Curtis JJ

• Caesar
    • CONSERVATORI: Ancient Coins & Their Provenances
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 11:59:18 am »
Nick, this won't help you, and you may already be aware, but as a general resource, the Società Numismatica Italiana has made PDFs of issues up to 1979 available free online. Of course, if anyone finds a post-1979 resource online, please post it here, as I'd also like to know!

The pre-1980 archive was useful to me for researching Cappadocian coins, since Bono Simonetta published several articles on the topic there (1958, 1970, 1974).

RIN (Revista Italiana Numismatica), 1888-1979: http://www.socnumit.org/page_22.html
“Collect the collectors…” John W Adams’ advice to J Orosz (Asylum 38, 2: p51)

Galleries https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=27154

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 05:18:56 pm »
Thanks guys.  I hadn’t thought of posting on La Moneta.  I could also do an ILL request but I try to limit that to a dozen a month! 

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 06:11:53 pm »
If the ANS has a copy of this and you are a member, you can get scans from them. Last time I asked for a few pages from a book, they didn't even charge me. And if they do charge, it is reasonable. I was fully prepared to pay for the service.

Virgil

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 08:40:53 pm »
The ANS scanning service is also available to non members. Scans cost US$ 20 up to a certain number of pages, which is a bargain, considering how much books cost, when you only need a few pages, or the time you spend trying to find pdfs, or paying your local university library.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 08:47:41 pm »
$20 would have been a stretch for the three pages I needed, but I agree it is a great service. Plus, they would not let me pay anything, so I love them for that. Made me happy I donated a bit to the year-end appeal. Didn't know anyone could get them, that is nice, too. ANS is maybe the best organization I have ever been a part of.

Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity