Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: First revolt half shekel  (Read 856 times)

Offline daniel

• Auxiliary
First revolt half shekel
« on: October 02, 2021, 10:14:24 pm »
Any comments on this half shekel? I haven’t found similar pattern of the Omer cup, as the pearls from the rim are separated from the actual cup.
Thanks
Daniel

Offline Aarmale

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Re: First revolt half shekel
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 06:42:12 pm »
Do you have concerns that it is fake? There are a few unusual features. For instance, the tsade has very pronounced points, the right side of the reverse is not sharp.
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

Offline daniel

• Auxiliary
Re: First revolt half shekel
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 09:39:36 pm »
I do have concern, but I haven’t purchased it yet. A couple of things are bothering me. You are right about the tzadi, also the chet looks a little bit strange. also I haven’t found in the available sources (hendin, TJC, menorah project) a similar coin with no pearls on obverse. This suppose to be authentic from a reliable auction house, but we never know.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity