Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Byzacium, Africanus Fabius Maximus  (Read 1974 times)

Offline 425galba

• Praetorian
  • I love this forum!
Byzacium, Africanus Fabius Maximus
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:56:16 am »
Attached is an example of a bust of Fabius Africanus, proconsul, struck 6-5 BC. He was one of the friends of Augustus and struck coins in his name for this brief period in Hadrumentum. Does anyone know of other examples of this type other than a recent one sold in the Triton XI auction? The coin itself has been harshly cleaned(scratches) probably to remove the thick encrustations on North African coins.
Is anyone else fascinated by the types and rarities represented by North African coinage? I have started a picture data file for examples of bronze coins of Africa and have noticed they are few and far between and usually of poor quality. Any opinions on this coin for its good or bad points? Thanks!

Offline Paul L3

• Auxiliary
Re: Byzacium, Africanus Fabius Maximus
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 12:24:06 pm »
Dear 425galba,

Are you still interested in this topic. I am very interested and would love to discuss.

Best
Paul

All coins are guaranteed for eternity